Bike & Walk Commuters Day
KA-Motion is planning Kirksville's first ever Bike & Walk Commuters Day breakfast stations for Friday, April 29! We will need help before and during the event so scroll down to find how YOU can help.
There will be three stations*:
1. Brashear Park Station will be open 6:30 - 8:00 a.m.
2. Baptist Student Union Station will be open 7:00 - 10:00 a.m.
3. Courthouse Lawn Station will be open 6:30 - 9:00 a.m.
Anyone who comes to a station under their own power is welcome to a free breakfast. We've applied for a $500 grant from Decade of Action for Road Safety. We'll hear back by April 11, but we plan to go ahead with the stations with or without the grant, counting on donations. Steve's Garden Deli has already volunteered to be our first sponsor!! Also very exciting, the Baptist Student Union Station will offer a sustainable option, so you can get eat your breakfast without having to throw away a paper napkin or a plastic cup!
If you can help with any of these tasks please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 268-8770 or find me on facebook & linkedin (Rachel Ruhlen).
1. Talk to your church about supplying baked goods (low- or no- sugar only, please!) to one of the stations.
2. Help return tables & tents after the stations close, if you have a truck or large cargo capacity. Since they all close at different times, we may need multiple people to help with this.
3. Talk to businesses about donating fruit, beverages and disposables.
4. Design a KA-Motion brochure.
5. Contact schools & businesses for publicity. We'd like Kirksville Public Schools to announce the event to students & employees, same for Truman and KCOM.
6. Staff a station!
*All details including location & times are subject to change.